The Academy of Management (AOM) is bringing together the top management and organization researchers from around the world – 92 countries to be exact. These leaders will reveal their latest research findings addressing some of today’s most prominent workplace issues, such as diversity and inclusion, digital transformation, and gender and power.
The AOM has heard organizations and business leaders around the world call for practices and policies designed to drive the empowerment and contributions of their workforces. To address these calls from the business community, the theme of the Annual Meeting is “Understanding the Inclusive Organization.”
The Annual Meeting, held this year in Boston, August 9-13, will draw more than 11,000 management researchers and leaders in academia for more than 2,000 sessions grounded in research. Notable sessions include:
- How organizations and coworkers can foster inclusivity with LGBTQ+ employees
- The impact women in top management roles have on diversity
- Fostering justice and inclusion in the #MeToo era
- Recognizing the knowledge, skills and abilities of employees on the autism spectrum
- Addressing disadvantages faced by employees who are overweight
- Adapting to AI and its consequences on a global scale
- Considering themes of love and dignity within an inclusive organization
Visit our session highlights page for additional list of highlighted sessions and AOM Meeting Briefs.
Return to this page daily for wrap-up reports on artificial intelligence, entrepreneurship, productivity and other topics from each day of the annual meeting.